Wednesday 17 July 2013

Look, I received a gift!

I've just come back from celebrating my other half's graduation, which I will soon be experiencing myself next year!... But with these occasions, you end up mingling with family members and friends. The fact that I have a hobby in crochet has got round, and my boyfriend's Gran got chatting with me about how my crocheting is going. Such a lovely lady, and she got out the cupboard something that she had made in the past...

A poncho! For something that was made so long ago it's amazing how fashionable it looks and I was honoured to receive it, not only because she had made it, but because it was the first project she had ever crocheted. Along with the sentimental elements, this poncho also demonstrates how basic my crocheting is - but it is certainly my aim to get good!

So now I can share and enjoy the creativity of other peoples crochet! I won't be able to wear it just yet with outside reaching temperatures around 27C... but certainly will be waiting for me when winter makes its return!

No comments:

Post a Comment