Monday 1 July 2013

Start off Simple

To anyone who is looking into crocheting, when you start learning more than just a chain, its good to start off doing something that is square. I don't mean literally, but things such as headbands and scarves are great as its a case of getting that initial foundation sorted, and the rest is easy.

Just a reminder from my previous post, here is the image that shows my ambitions to make a scarf. At first the changeable edges had something going for it, but as it went on it slowly got thinner and thinner... and made less sense as a scarf.

The reason I failed is because I didn't count! In the video from my previous post, the lady talks about counting your stitches, but I didn't take notice and for some time struggled with why I couldn't get it right.

When I look back at this photo, I realise how disorganised my stitches are, and there was no hope really! At the time, no one knew of my crazy hobby and I wanted to surprise them with it. By fate my niece was to turn 1 and I was desperate to show off my skills (that I didn't quite have yet).

For me, at that point, I need that motivation to give me a reason to make something. I practised and practised... and YES! A simple headband on its way!












....I did need help from my mum, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment